A couple of years ago, the Dutch government started with simplifying the incorporation procedure of private limited liabilities companies (BV). This resulted in increased flexibility of the rules of incorporating an Dutch LLC.
The most notable changes are listed below:
- It is possible to incorporate a Dutch LLC without having a high amount of share capital. The minimum amount of share capital has been reduced from €18.000 to €0,01. (Although we advise to incorporate a Dutch LLC with a share capital of €100 with a nominal value of €1 per share.)
- More flexibility regarding voting rights attached to shares
- It is possible to create shares without profit rights
- Financial assistance rules are simplefied
- It is not required to have an auditor’s statement for contributions in kind or for acquisition of assets from the shareholder within two years from incorporation
These changes have made a Dutch LLC even more attractive as corporate vehicle for multinational companies. The following years the Dutch government will keep investing in a business friendly climate to attract foreign investors. Wondering which opportunities the Netherlands has to you? Or do you already want to set-up a Dutch LLC? Just give us a call or contact us by mail or chat, and our experts will provide you with tailored advice!
Incorporating a company in the Netherlands?
All the information you need to make an informed decision about incorporating a company in the Netherlands