Privacy Statement Firm24 - Introduction
- Firm24 B.V., having its registered office and principal place of business in Amsterdam(1043GR) at Kingsfordweg 151 (hereinafter "Firm24") attaches great importance to the responsible handling of personal data of users of its website www.firm24.com (hereinafter "Users").
- Firm24 therefore processes personal data of Users carefully and in compliance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act or, once it enters into force, the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG), in this regard.
- In this Privacy Statement Firm24 informs Users about how Firm24 processes their personal data and how they can change or oppose it. This Privacy Statement relates only to the services offered by Firm24 on www.firm24.com.
Article 1: Explanation of personal data and purposes for its processing
Firm24 distinguishes between different types of Personal Data:
- Account Data: Account data provided by user (name, email address, password). This allows the purchase of non-notarial services such as templates for contracts. Also, if necessary, this data is forwarded to specialist partners for services such as accounting or customizing or checking a contract.
- Notarial data: User-provided data required for the provision of a notarial service, including data required under the WWFT and data for identification. Full names, date of birth, place of birth, address and passport details and company details are required for the preparation of notarial deeds and a telephone number is necessary for the performance and coordination of the notarial service.
These data are processed for the purpose of providing a notarial service, as this data must be included in the notarial deed and/or power of attorney. In addition, data are also processed that the user provides for the notary's research within the framework of the duty of care. Firm24 analyzes this data to improve its services in general and more specifically the process related to the duty of care.
- Communication Data: Data relating to email contact and other correspondence between Firm24 and user. This data is necessary to inform users about services or for providing these services. For more information on this, see article 1.9.
- Other data: Data not provided by the user. Please refer to Article 5 of this statement.
All Personal Data of a User is stored in the account User creates on the website www.firm24.com and Firm24's CRM system.
- Firm24 is at all times responsible for the management of the Personal Data provided by User and will make every effort to protect that Personal Data. In the event of a data breach, Firm24 will immediately notify the User of that event via the email address known to it and make every effort to prevent further dissemination of that Personal Data.
- User has at all times the right to be presented with the Personal Data provided by him/her to Firm24 in an orderly manner by Firm24 ("right of inspection"). Upon a User's first request, Firm24 will forward his/her Personal Data to a third party to be designated by such User ("right to data portability") or completely remove it from its system ("right to deletion").
- Any questions a User may have regarding his/her Personal Data may be addressed to email@example.com. These questions will be answered within 2 working days.
As a result of a User requesting a service and providing Personal Data under categories A, B and C, FIRM24 is authorized to use and process these Personal Data for the performance of the service in connection with which the Personal Data have been provided as referred to in article 6.1 (b) of the AVG.
- The personal data under category B, C and D will also be used to improve the service of FIRM24 and prevent misuse, qualifying as a legitimate interest as referred to in Article 6.1 (f) of the AVG.
The Personal Data will further not be used for any other purpose than the purpose mentioned in this statement, unless the User has given explicit consent for any other use of this Personal Data. Users may call, chat & email Firm24's customer service department. In order to quickly assist users with questions, we use your data as mentioned in 1.1 and Firm24 takes notes where necessary. Firm24 uses a CRM system to record data about the phone call and chats conducted in order to analyze them to improve our services.
When writing a customer review, users can choose whether personal information is visible to other visitors and whether Firm24 may contact them about the customer review.
If necessary, Firm24 will use user data to investigate or prevent fraud. Upon request, Firm24 will hand over Personal Data as mentioned under 1.1 to police, judicial and other investigative services or relevant third parties, if required to do so by law, court order, or if necessary to prevent criminal offenses or unlawful conduct.
At some places on www.firm24.com, users can log in with a social media account. Shopping behavior may then become visible on users' social media account. Firm24 does not gain access to the user's social media account.
Article 2: Transfer to third parties
Firm24 does not transfer personal data to third parties unless:
The transfer is made to a third party engaged by Firm24 for the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement, with which third parties Firm24 has entered into an agreement stipulating how this Cooperation Partner will handle your personal data responsibly;
Firm24 is under a legal obligation to transfer personal data to competent authorities.
Article 3: Security of data
Firm24 uses - to the extent that it may be required to do so - appropriate technical and organizational security procedures, inter alia to ensure that unauthorized persons do not have access to data and to prevent the loss, unlawful use or alteration of information received by Firm24.
Article 4: Availability and modification of data.
Users may at any time request access to their personal data processed by Firm24. Users can also request to have data changed or deleted. To do so, users can send an email to 1043GR or use the de-authorization option in your account. If users choose to delete certain personal data, they may no longer be able to use the website because the processing of this personal data is essential for the use of the website.
Article 5: Cookies
Firm24 uses data to provide users with the most personalized shopping experience possible. Firm24 adapts what users see on www.firm24.com to their interests. Firm24 uses, for example, data from previous orders, IP addresses and cookies for this purpose. You can read more about cookies here.
Article 6: Liability Firm24.
Firm24 has no control over the possible use by third parties of your Personal Data. This Privacy Statement only covers the personal data that Firm24 processes for the purpose of www.firm24.com. Firm24 does not accept any responsibility or liability for (the operation and/or content of) third party websites or services.
Article 7: Retention period
Firm24 retains copies of passports for a period of 30 days from the application date, unless Firm24 is required by a statutory provision to retain personal data longer
Articles of incorporation and shareholder registers will not be deleted unless a user requests it.
Article 8: Modification of Privacy Statement.
Firm24 reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement. Any modification will be announced via www.firm24.com. By using www.firm24.com after changes, you agree to any amended Privacy Statement. Please monitor this page and www.firm24.com regularly for any changes.
The current Privacy Statement was updated on 31-07-2020
Not quite getting it right? We are here for you.
Thanks to years of experience, we know how to help entrepreneurs with the right advice.